Follow this guide to configure your iPhone (iOS 4) mobile device for Smart Solutions E-Mail.
- Tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Other from the list of account choices, as highlighted in the image below
- Tap Add Mail Account
- Fill out the Name, E-Mail Address, and Password fields. For Description, put in your e-mail address.
- Tap Next
- Switch the account type (top button) from IMAP to POP as highlighted in the image below
- For Incoming Mail Server Host Name, enter mail.yourdomainname.org. For example, if your e-mail address is email@example.com, you would enter mail.echurch.net in this box
- For Incoming Mail Server User Name, enter your full e-mail address
- Skip the Incoming Mail Server Password as it should already be filled
- For the Outgoing Mail Server Host Name, enter mail.yourdomainname.org (as in Step 8)
- For the Outgoing Mail Server User Name, enter your full e-mail address (as in Step 9)
- For the Outgoing Mail Server Password, enter your password (as in Step 4)
- Tap Save in the top right
- The phone will display “Verifying”
- After a few moments the “Cannot Connect Using SSL” box will pop up as shown below. Tap Yes to continue setting up the account, as highlighted in the image below.
- The phone will again display “Verifying”, and after a few minutes the “Cannot Connect Using SSL” box will pop up a second time. Tap Yes a second time to continue setting up the account, as highlighted in the image below.
- Your e-mail account configuration in iPhone is complete. You should be able to check for new messages using the Mail app.
If you need further help or guidance, feel free to call us at 541-388-4398, or, if you have access to email, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.