Follow the procedure below to setup Entourage 2004 for Mac for use with your Smart Solutions email account. The only information you need to know before starting the setup process is your email address, and your password, which you should have received when you requested your account.
- Start Entourage as your normally would.
- Click the Tools menu and choose Accounts.
- Click New and select Mail.
- Click Configure account manually.
- Fill in the Edit Account screen completely, substituting your
website name and email address where appropriate. Your email address
goes in both the E-mail address and Account ID fields. The POP server and SMTP server fields both get the same value, such as mail.widgetsgalore.com.
- Click Click here for advanced sending options (below the SMTP server field).
- Check the SMTP server requires authentication checkbox, then click outside of the popup that appeared.
- If you will be checking email only on this computer in Entourage, skip to step 13.
- If you will be checking email in a browser as well, or other people
will be accessing this account on differnet computers, click Options at the top.
- Check the Leave a copy of each message on the server checkbox.
- Check the Delete messages from the server after checkbox, and change the number of days if desired. 10 days is plenty for most people.
- Check the Delete messages from the server after they are deleted from this computer
if desired. But keep in mind that if others access the account, they
will be unable to continue viewing any messages you delete from
- Click OK.
- Close the Accounts box.
- Your e-mail account configuration in Microsoft Entourage 2004 is complete. You should now be able to check for new messages, as well as compose messages to send.
If you need further help or guidance, feel free to call us at 877-385-4798 or 541-388-4398, or, if you have access to email, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.