Follow the procedure below to setup Outlook 2003 for use with your Smart Solutions email account. The only information you need to know before starting the setup process is your email address, and your password, which you should have received when you requested your account.
- Start Outlook how you normally would. For example, by clicking on the icon on the desktop, in the Start Menu, or from the icons along the bottom of your screen.
- Click the "Tools" menu and choose "E-Mail Accounts." Click here for an illustrated version of this step.
- Select the top "Add a new e-mail account" option and choose "Next." Click here for an illustrated version of this step.
- Choose "POP3" when asked for a server type, and click "Next."
- Fill in all blank areas on this page. Enter your first and last name for "Your Name," and your new address for "E-Mail Address."
Your "User Name" is also your new e-mail address. Enter your full e-mail address, including both the parts before and after the "@" sign in this box. Your password is preassigned and must be entered in the "Password" area.
Lastly, enter "mail.yourwebsitename.com" in both the "Incoming..." and "Outgoing..." boxes. Replace "yourwebsitename" with your real website's name. For example, if your website were http://www.echurch.net, you would enter "mail.echurch.net" in both of these fields. Then, choose "More Settings..." Click here for an illustrated version of this step.
- In the box that pops up after clicking "More Settings...", choose the "Outgoing Server" tab.
Next, place a check in the top box: "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." Make sure the first sub-option "Use same settings..." is selected, and click "OK". Click here for an illustrated version of this step.
- Choose "Next", and then "Finish."
- Your e-mail account configuration in Microsoft Outlook 2003 is complete. You should now be able to check for new messages by clicking the "Send/Receive" button, as well as compose messages by choosing "New" from the File menu.
If you need further help or guidance, feel free to call us at 541-388-4398, or, if you have access to email, send us an email at email@example.com.