Windows Live Mail, formerly Outlook Express, is a free, fully functional e-mail program available from Microsoft. You can check if it is already installed by looking under Start -> All Programs for "Windows Live Mail"
To download and install Windows Live Mail:
- Go to: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail
- Choose "Download Now" and open the file when it is done downloading
- When asked "What do you want to install?" click "Choose the programs" then check only Mail
- Click Install and wait several minutes to complete.
To configure Windows Live Mail for use with Smart Solutions hosted e-mail:
- Open Windows Live Mail via Start -> All Programs -> Windows Live Mail
- Choose the Accounts menu from the top, then "Email"
- Fill in the three fields on the first screen with your e-mail address, name, and first and last name, as demonstrated below. Be sure to check "Manually configure server settings", then choose Next
- On this screen fill in both "Server address" fields with mail.yourdomain.com, substituting the last part of your actual domain name for the "yourdomain.com" part. Be sure to enter your full e-mail address under "Logon user name" and check the "Requires authentication" box. Then click Next, as illustrated below.
- Finally, choose "Finish." Now your e-mail account is ready to use in Windows Live Mail.