Digital Marketing Careers
Join our team of creatives, developers and marketing specialists!
Looking for Something New? Web developer jobs in Bend, Oregon
As a growing Bend Oregon, SEO, web development and web design firm, we are always looking for highly competent professionals who enjoy being a part of a team.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com if you would like to be considered. Also, please check back for future job postings and opportunities.
Experienced Web Developer
Smartz is a well-established, growing, full-service web design and online marketing agency in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We work with a wide range of amazing clients including leaders in the craft beer, health & beauty and automotive industries. We love what we do and have fun doing it!
We are seeking a senior web developer with a SEO focus on WordPress and Woo commerce; to help our clients increase their traffic and conversions. If you’re eager to have a direct impact on a client’s bottom line, hungry to engage your skills and hone your online marketing chops then we want to hear from you! This is a senior-level position.
Web Developer Qualifications:Proficiency and experience in front-end web development, including:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of HTTP and web services
- HTML5 and semantic web markup
- CSS, optionally including CSS preprocessors like Less or Sass
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as GIMP or Photoshop is a plus
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Familiarity with SEO principles and ensuring that development will adhere to them
Familiarity with the following is a desired plus:
- Server-side development with PHP
- (Optional) Familiarity with PHP frameworks such as Laravel or CodeIgniter
- MySQL database management
- CMS concepts
- Experience with a framework such as Bootstrap is a plus
- JSON/XML API experience, RESTful API experience
Ideal candidates will also have experience with WordPress and optionally have built twenty or more sites with WordPress.
- Familiarity with themes and theme development
- Familiarity with plugins, plugin development, vetting available plugins and understanding how they impact WordPress performance
Desired familiarity with the following technologies and platforms:
- WordPress, and WP Engine for WordPress site hosting
- WooCommerce and Magento or other modern eCommerce systems such as Shopify
- Template-based CMS systems
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
To apply, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Impress us with your code skills by customizing the subject line to make us want to open your email first! We are looking for both part-time and full-time positions.